Thursday, April 23, 2009

Conner's Sensitive Stomach

Yesterday Kelsey came screaming in the door from school. She had fallen off her scooter in the street and hurt her arm & leg. She didn't break anything, just some painful scrapes on her elbow & hand. She was hardly even bleeding. But it was enough to set off Conner! I was in the kitchen helping Kelsey when Jared called me to the office, Conner was as white as a ghost! His lips started to look purple. I've had kids faint on me before and I don't like it at all, it freaks me out. So I grabbed him and brought him in the kitchen. I got him to take some deep breaths, but it didn't seem to help much. His eyes were kind of rolling, and he said, "I want to lay in my bed" and then he threw up on my kitchen floor. He had just had a nice big glass of Nesquick chocolate milk. (Sorry for the visual that might give you!) That kid CANNOT handle blood, but neither can both of his grandfathers and some of his uncles on both sides. I had him lay down on the couch for a bit, and after about 30 mins, he was right as rain and asking for some chocolate milk. Who wants to eat the same food that they just threw up? Sick!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so funny! If I didn't believe in genes, that would make me a believer. That's so funny he's like Dad and Neil! I know I'm not a blood fan but I'm not as bad as those two. Sad that of all the things to get from his mom's side of the family (and aparently his dad's too), he had to get that. Welcome to the club Conner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jersh you have had a lot going on....Anything else to share?!

    ReplyDelete