Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's a Girl!

For those who don't know yet, we are having a girl! We pick names pretty early, and we like the name Sophie Lin. Not sure if that will change or not.

With Mallory all by herself in her bedroom, a girl fits in great! She has always had her own room and for some reason lately, she doesn't seem to like it. Even in the middle of the day, if she wants to play in her room she makes one of her older siblings go in with her because, as she says it, "I'm scary". She means 'I'm scared', but that's how she says it, pretty funny.

Our new addition is due December 20th, and I'm hoping my doctor won't mind taking me a week or two early, just to try and get it as far from Christmas as possible. I always felt sorry for people with a birthday so close to Christmas, and now I've done it to my own child! But, she was a big surprise. I'm halfway done & still can't believe that this is actually happening. I felt strongly that Mallory was my last, I was done. But Jared felt just as strong that we were supposed to have one more. He was out of town when I realized I might be, and after taking no less than 5 tests, I called him & gave him the news. I was in shock & denial, and he was ELATED! He now thinks, of course, that he is more in-tune to the spirit than I am and as the priesthood holder I should listen to him more often. I always listen to him, but sometimes after I listen, I decide to ignore what he's said. It's a wife thing...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Smart Family! I like cute blogs! And I like the name Sophie. What are you going to change your blog name to once there is 8?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Congratulations! Nice for you guys and the bedroom situation since you just got through re-doing everything huh? I like Sophie too. Actually, I REALLY like all of your kids' names. I am having such a struggle coming up with one, so tell me, what was it going to be if it were a boy?

    ReplyDelete