Monday, November 23, 2009

Fun times around the dinner table

Dinner yesterday started with an irreverent prayer. Jared didn't mean for it to be, here's what happened......
(Jared saying prayer)"...blah, blah...we're thankful that we can be here together as a family...."
Ashton immediately chimes in with....."Mmm-hmm"....which made us all laugh and Jared started over. I don't know what made him think to chime in, but it was so funny.

While we were eating the conversation turned to Jared's childhood, the kids love to hear about the Smart dairy farm. At one point Jared mentioned his step-grandma, Devean. We don't see her a lot anymore, but a week ago we went to a party for her 80th birthday. So he says her name and Mallory sitting next to him at the table says, "I don't like her." Honestly, I really don't think she knew who he was talking about. But she was so serious and just kept right on eating, staring at her plate. Jared and I just looked at each other and laughed....which always makes Mallory mad. She crosses her arms and says, "It's not funny!!" She doesn't like to be laughed at, but she's just so stinking cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment