Occasionally Jared gets tickets to sports games through work acquaintances and friends. His "lawyer friend" (as I call him) had 4 tickets to a Real game and asked Jared to bring his wife along (lucky me!!!). It just happened to be tickets to the final leg of the CONCACAF Championship. (CONCACAF stands for Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football) If Real won - they would be going onto the FIFA World Cup which is HUGE. I was so excited for this game! We had awesome seats in a Ledge Box, with free dinner. It was a lot of fun!
| They had fish, shrimp, fried chicken, au gratin potatoes, green salad, pasta salad, pot stickers, fresh fruit....I could go on and on. It was a lot of food and it was delicious. |
| Real players warming up! |
Sadly, Real lost 0-1. I think we had some crap calls from the officials, and the goal that Monterrey got was just kinda lucky, it wasn't one of those awesome goals where you say, "That was a good shot"......bummer! The owners of the Monterrey team were in a suite right above us, so that was interesting! We had more shots on their goalie than they did on ours. We had some really, really close ones that just barely missed. Maybe if RSL's captain wasn't suspended for that game we could've won. Who knows!
Still love the RSL!
That looked fun - I haven't been to a Real game yet! Some soccer fan i am, huh? Buffet looks good too - we've promised the kiddos a trip to Chuck a Rama after we're back. You guys wanna come? :)
ReplyDeleteJEALOUS!
ReplyDelete