Monday, January 30, 2012

Sophie's Owie

We don't know how she did it, but Sophie broke her leg.  Wasn't a bad break, when they pointed it out on the X-ray I couldn't even see what they were seeing.  She never cried, never fell off anything that I know of. She just stopped walking around and started crawling.  It's a pretty pathetic thing to see.  I gave it a day to see if she would start walking again, but she didn't.  So I took her into our pediatrician's office, went to the Primary's hospital in South Jordan, then back to the pediatricians for a brace.  That was a Wednesday and they didn't cast it until the next Tuesday.  
Waiting for X-rays at Primary's.  She H-A-T-E-D it.
They put her in a brace with pink wrap.  All she cared about was the sucker.  She was pretty tired by now.
Like I said, tired. She never falls asleep in the high-chair.
For another day she crawled around, then she started walking on her leg again.
Waiting for a hard cast.  Luckily Santa brought slipper socks - which have tread on the bottom so she doesn't slip and they are stretchy, so they fit over her cast.  She wears them all the time.  Gotta keep those toes warm! 
We went with purple, to help hide any dirt it would collect.  
Had to include a picture of her with her new bangs! Jared was so sick of her always pushing her hair out of her face, I wasn't sure I wanted her to have bangs.  But we all think it's pretty cute!

2 comments:

  1. Poor little thing. Glad she got taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Sophie with bangs. She looks like a totally different girl and oh so cute!

      Delete