I decided that while Kelsey & Emma were gone to camp I wanted to paint their room & rearrange the furniture. They had to be at the church by 7AM on Monday morning. As soon as they were gone, I went into their room, took everything off the walls & moved all the furniture into the middle of the room. I thought this would leave me plenty of room to maneuver around, and bring in a ladder (they have a high ceiling), but not so much. It took me all of Monday & some of Tuesday to get it painted. A big 'THANK YOU" to Monica for coming over around 10:30 Monday night & helping me crank it out faster. She's a pro. And she's tiny & could get around things easier than me. =] The walls were done Monday....actually early Tuesday morning (Monica & I painted until 1AM), then Tuesday I spent the day touching up the trim, ceiling & doors. The new wall color really helped lighten up the room! Plus Seth installed a larger light for us. So nice to have handy neighbors! The Bergman's are great. Anywhoo - I knew that doing this would help the week go by faster for me, which is what I wanted. Ashton was a ton of help with the kids & even cleaning the house! Way to go Ash! I couldn't wait for Friday to roll around. They were supposed to be home around noon.
 |
| I had to take a picture of all their books. They have SOOO many books! |
 |
| Kelsey's bed/side of the room |
 |
| Emma's bed/side of the room |
 |
| This picture makes it look really yellow, but with more light it's "creamier". I love it! Their beds have never been parallel to each other, they were always "L" shaped, with one going under the window. I like it this way much more! . |
 |
This bookcase was always horizontal. But to have the beds parallel I had to move it vertically. I like it this way a lot more! |
While Jared & I were out looking for bedding for Kelsey & Emma's "new" room, we decided to check out a furniture store that was closing. They had this bunk bed, last white one left, at a great price. We've promised Mallory a bunk bed for a long time, and really that room is so small we don't really have a choice, the beds have to be stacked! Mal & Soph were so excited, and Sophie has been great at staying in her bed during the night and for nap time! They also inherited Kels & Emma's "old" bedding, which I got last year when Kelsey was gone to camp. I may be getting myself into trouble here!
Oh my gosh! You are too awesome! I need your help! I'm trying to pick paint colors right now and am having such a hard time. I kinda wanted a light yellow for Maile's cuz she wants to put flowers, butterflies and a rainbow on her wall. So I thought that would be a good background. What color is that?
ReplyDelete