Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Las Vegas Tournament

The last weekend in October we traveled to Las Vegas to watch Ashton's Sparta team compete in the Las Vegas Mayor's Cup.  They played two teams from Arizona and one Texas team.  We tied two and lost one.  They played hard! We were a little unprepared to play on turf, but they were good games nonetheless.  My voice was almost gone after the last one.  I like to yell!  
The BIG downside to this tournament was that many of us got sick.  Friday morning Ashton threw up.  I was panicking!  I really was totally kinda freaking out.  Ashton was in the bathroom, and I was walking in to come talk to him and stopped - he was saying a prayer.  What a good boy!  Made me feel bad for freaking out and not thinking of that right away.  Such a good kid.  He ate a little, had one of his "energy blocks" & played the game!  That wasn't the end of it though.  Soph & Conner got sick to, but with diarrhea.  (TMI?) We got to the soccer fields on Saturday morning, pulled Sophie out of the car & she had pooped ALL over her clothes.  Jared had to run to Target & get her an outfit.  Conner pooped in his pants several times.  Fun, huh?  It was g-r-e-a-t.  
Team dinner at Macaroni Grill (I think this is where we got sick!)

 We wanted to take the kids to do some "touristy" things - so we took them to see the dam and go on the dam tour. ;]   That new bridge is CRAZY! Huge & way high.
 Emma was stuck with Queen Sophie.  I found them like this Sunday morning. What a good sister!
 End of the last game, one more pep talk from the coaches before everyone headed home.

 Before heading home we decided to take the kids to see the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.



 I was driving, but couldn't get over the sunset!  I think this was just past Fillmore?  Yes, I was driving and taking pictures with my phone.  Not safe.  But it was SO pretty!  

No comments:

Post a Comment