Monday, February 23, 2009

Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?

Kelsey always sits right down and does her homework right after school....always has (I hope she always will!). So I was looking at her spelling words with her and about died. Seriously? She's in 5th grade! They split the kids up into different spelling groups, depending on their abilities, and she's in the most advanced, there's only 4 kids in her group. Here's a sampling: perspicacious, obsolescent, perspicacity, immunization, reciprocity, paradigmatic, rhapsodic, paradigm. Honestly, I'm not sure how to pronounce some of them. Guess I need to go back to the 5th grade.

2 comments:

  1. Woah, those are big words - I think some of those were in my "30 Days" Vocabulary book from 10th grade at Skyline!
    (PS - you have the cutest blog on the block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what some of those mean! Really, who uses perspicacious or perspicacity in conversation!?

    ReplyDelete