Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kelsey's sarcophagus

This was Kelsey's first big school project for the year, besides book reports. We couldn't have done it without help from Grandma Linda. I knew when she came home with it that I would love to get her help....it would look good and I thought it would be so fun for my kids to see what a great artist their Grandma is. She really helped us get everything sketched in, then Kelsey and I drew our "final lines" and painted it. I didn't realize how long the painting would take. Nearly the whole time from when she got home from school at about 3:00 until 9:00 she and I were at the counter painting it all in. My feet were so swollen from standing in one place for so long & being 36 wks prego....Jared called them "Fred Flinstone" feet.
Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Good job Kels! That looks awesome!
    I remember late nights working on projects with Mom. At least she got to bed at a decent hour. . .
    ~Beka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I remember when Mom helped me make an Egyptian mummy too, except Kelsey's looks a lot better than mine did...Mom must be getting better or Kelsey is more talented than I was...probably both. :)

    ReplyDelete