We've had a lot going on since I updated the blog last. I've really only taken a few pics here and there with my phone. The middle of March was full of sick kids. A nasty stomach bug started with Conner, then went to Mallory, Sophie and Ashton. It was UNPLEASANT. Conner, Mal & Ash missed two days of school each. It took almost 2 weeks to get it out of here. Then Mal and Soph got bad coughs & runny noses, which for Soph turned into infections in both ears. She had 2 really bad nights, the worst any of my kids have ever had.
 |
| Poor sick little Sophie. We had to send a picture to Jared to show him how sad his little baby was. =o( |
Soccer has begun! Mallory plays on Monday nights, Ashton on Tuesday, Wednesday is practice for Emma, Ashton & Mallory, then Conner's games are on Thursday (with practice before on days with a 6:30 game), and Emma's games are on Saturday! Did you get all that? There will be a quiz later ;o) I love, love, love watching my kids play and yell from the sidelines. I shouldn't have a favorite, but Ashton's are the best. Conner & Mallory are still playing 4 vs 4, no goalie & just trying to figure out the rules. Emma's games are awesome too, but I'm dying for her to get more aggressive & own the ball! Ashton LOVES it and he is SO good! Every season I have other parents & grandparents tell me how great a player he is, so fun to watch. I've been told more than once to get him into competition soccer, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for "serious" soccer. And I love his coach & team, they have been together for a long time.
 |
| Conner's team is Blue Lightning - He's #2 on the left |
We moved Jared's office out of the house! I thought it would be easy, but not so much. His office is literally 2 minutes away, up at a property of his on 13th East. He was running out of room here, and trying constantly to keep the kids quiet was not working. It's been about a week since he's been "functional" up there, and I think he is getting a lot more done. I'm up there every free minute I can be. The "file room" of our house is now a toy room! I always dreamed of a toy room when Kels, Emma & Ashton were little. Now it will mostly be for Mallory and Sophie, though the cupboards are full of puzzles & board games for all the kids.
 |
| The new office - getting some much needed work done to it. |
 |
| Good news: the office is close. Bad news: It's upstairs & there isn't an elevator. Todd & I hauled everything onto the trailer then upto the office. |
 |
| An empty room to do whatever I want?! Sweet! It was so nice to be able to open the french doors ALL THE WAY. |
 |
| I was able to empty most of Mallory & Sophie's toys into this room. Their bedroom is just too small to hold all of it, plus a dresser, bed & crib. The boys have their attic playroom anyway. Mallory's table is a great place for a game of Monopoly. |
 |
| Kelsey & Emma got contact lenses today! |
I think Sophie looks a lot like Dad (minus his glasses). * Now you get a taste of what Mom had to schedule and manage when we all took soccer, and good job being an active, cheering mom on the sidelines. I bet Ashton loves it. You may one day become his "good luck" like Mom was for Neil. * I know what you mean about keeping kids quiet when Dad needs to get work done. JT's taken to locking our bedroom door so Jayden can't bother him while he's studying. I hope the new office works out great for Jared.
ReplyDelete