Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Grandma Campout

My Mom has made it a tradition to take the older kids camping every summer.  It's something my kids very much look forward to, and start asking at the beginning of summer when they are "going camping with Grandma".  Mom reserved a spot on Wednesday, just to be sure to get a good spot with the busy holiday.  She picked the kids up Friday right after school.  My kids absolutely love it.  They love camping, love being with Grandma and some of their favorite cousins.  I'm sure s'mores are an added bonus too.



Showing "Five" for five years of camping.
The whole group minus Grandma.  My kids loved having Matt & Beka there to tell stories.  There are a lot of grandkids - when they are all old enough Mom is going to have to go in shifts.  Or take a bus. =]
THANKS MOM! 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun tradition! I'm a little jealous of the fresh fall sweatshirt weather! I love this time of year in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited when Mom said we could come! Matt and I don't see enough of the Smarts. :( We definitely enjoyed telling 'scary' stories by the fire! I can just see the day that Kelsey's the second driver to take gear and cousins to Spruces!!!

    ReplyDelete