Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Random stuff that keeps me busy....

I noticed this weird mark on Sophie's leg while I was giving her a bath one night.  It seemed to appear out of nowhere, because I never noticed it while I changed diapers during the day or got her dressed.  It was weird looking, hard to the touch & warm.  I have never seen anything like this on my other kids.  I drew pen around the edge to make sure it didn't get larger over night. The next morning it was still the same size, but had developed a darker spot in the middle & was oozing a clear yellow liquid.  I was signed up to go on a field trip with Mallory's class, so I decided to do that & then take her in.  The doctor seemed puzzled by it, and almost sent me to the hospital for IV antibiotics.  He had two other doctors come in and look at it, which was making me really nervous! They didn't know what it was, but it was obviously infected, so he prescribed some antibiotics and sent us home.  The medicine did the trick, and it continued to clear up.  Even today, though, she still has a little scabby patch there.  So weird!
 I took these pics with my phone & emailed them to my mom on our way to the doctor.  Aren't smart phones great!?! You can see she also has a smaller area of the same thing by her ankle.  
 Kind of looked like a burn, but it wasn't.  She never acted like it hurt, either.
 The 6th grade goes through a 15 week program called N.O.V.A.  Emma "graduated" from that last week.  She's almost done with elementary school! =[  That's Emma's class above, with her teacher (top left), the officer who helped run the program and our principal (far right).  

 Ahhhh.....one of the last things of "Momework"....school is almost out!! 4th graders study Utah.  Our school's big project is the County report.  Ashton got Washington County, which is the St. George area.  For his diorama we made a golf course.  The picture is one Jared actually took from the golf course that Spier's St. George home is on. Then I took a picture of Mal, Conner & Ashton outside on our grass, shrunk it & put them on there playing a round.  Turned out pretty good, I just wish I had made the sand trap bigger!
There was an eclipse on May 20th.  I talked with my Dad a few weeks before, and told him I had the perfect spot for viewing it.  And it's so close! Dad got a bunch of Eclipse glasses, and got there early to set up his telescopes.  It was a fun thing to do on a Sunday afternoon!


Kelsey & Emma had an eye appointment this month & had their eyes dilated for the first time.  They thought these glasses were so fab. ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment