Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Celebrations

Christmas of 2008 our remodel was done, so we went party crazy.  Christmas of 2009 we did practically NOTHING because of a brand new baby.  This year we wanted to host some festivities, but tried to keep it easy.  We had the Smarts over for dinner Dec. 12th. Jared made the food and everyone enjoyed visiting.  We are looking forward to having a holiday party of sorts with the Hibberts on the 29th - pics to come later!

from L to R - Bree, Kelsey, Kendyle, Jaicee and Emma

Buddies Jaxon and Conner.  Those two can be trouble sometimes!
Ask Carrie or me about "The Sleepover".

Chef Boss (aka Jared - or Jerry)  was giving everyone the 411 on the food he prepared.
WTG babe!

Brandon & Carrie with Kadee's boy Zander.  Denise & Grandma Smart

Chow Time! Jared amazes me.  He absolutely LOVES to cook and never tires of cooking for friends and family.

Santa Claus - aka Brent - getting a "kiss" from Zander.  That was as close as he got!
 
Kendyle and Kelsey, Tyler with Zander

Grandma Devean, Denise, Tyler being completely natural, and Kadee!

Ashton, Brandon and Tyler

Conner and Mallory with "The Nutcracker".  They couldn't read it, but enjoyed looking at the pictures.  I loved that they were getting along!  Definitely a "Kodak" moment :o)

Kelsey and Emma helping with the toffee

Jared looks thrilled - but he was having fun, I promise!  Conner is wearing a chinese new year hat, a white elephant from the Bergmans, among other things!

Oh, Jason.  The Jason - as Jamie and I call him.  We told him to go try on his new jammies and he did!
 
Seth with his "Shake-weight".  He's trying to bulk up.


Monica and Seth with their gifts.  They are great friends & neighbors, we always have fun together!

As everyone was leaving a snowball fight started - kids without coats, or proper shoes, and no gloves.  Everyone was freezing!  But look at Conner's face - you can tell it wasn't bothering him! Throwing a snowball at Seth - one of his favorite people.  Mallory and Conner love that guy.

Emma & Rylee, I think they were getting Seth too!

Jared told the kids he'd pay $10 to whoever got Seth in the face.  I think Seth kinda got hit, but Jared never paid up.

Sure, they don't wear gloves or scarves outside for a snowball fight, but they'll wear them inside!  And they haven't heard and wouldn't care about it being "bad luck" to open an umbrella inside, it's too much fun.

This is Christmas Eve!  Kids opening their pj's.  Notice the Chinese New Year hat from 3 nights before?  I think my kids got it out because Seth was there.  We had the Bergmans and Seth's parents over for dinner on Christmas Eve.  His parents were visiting from Colorado and Jared wanted to cook for them.  I wish I had taken a picture of all the food!  There is always great conversation and good times with the Bergmans!

Conner and Ashton ready for bed.....not quite!




Jared and I got to bed about midnight or so.  The kids (except Sophie) all slept in Kelsey & Emma's room.  We woke up before they did!  At 7:30 Jared rolled over & nudged me, "Are the kids alive?  How are we up before them?"  It doesn't surprise me that Jared would be up before them, he is as excited as they are on Christmas morning.  

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful tree! Of course I'm not surprised - your house is always so lovely at Christmas. Great pictures of the kids - glad you all had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! What a celebration! Christmas is so low-key here for us, or maybe just while we have one kid and are debt-full. I bet if Jayden came into your home, he'd never want to leave. Too much to see and do! Love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete