Monday, August 22, 2011

Adidas Cup Tournament

We've had two soccer tournaments so far.  The Sparta Cup I mentioned before wasn't so great - lost all 3 games.  The Adidas Cup was much different.  We won the first game 9-0, the second game 6-1, then 0-0 for the third.  This put us in the semi-final game on Saturday.  It was one of the most exciting, intense games I have ever seen any of my kids play.  The teams were very well matched & it was a close game, but we won 4-3.  Ashton was two of those four points, he was AWESOME during this game.  I couldn't stop smiling for about an hour afterwards.
Team huddle before the start of the first game.
He was taking the game very seriously & it payed off with two goals.  I wish I had taken a picture of him after his goals, with his arms out wide & a huge grin on his face.  But I was too busy clapping & hollering.  

The final game was between us and another Sparta team.  I don't know how that works out exactly, but whatever.  They were a younger team than us, so I was thinking we'd be able to pull it off.  But they had an excellent keeper and just handled the ball better than we did.  We lost 2-1.
Ashton got past their defense with the ball and everyone was yelling & screaming.  But their keeper stopped him.
The whole team & Coach Jay with their silver medals.  Good job boys!
It made for a long & hot Saturday.  I didn't have any sunscreen, so Jared, Ashton & I got fried.  Conner & Mallory didn't, weird.  It was a lot of fun and by the end of the day my throat was killing me from yelling so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment