Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lagoon 2011

Our Stake Lagoon Day (or Family Fun Day, as it's called now) was Thursday Aug. 4th.  The kids couldn't wait.  We usually hit Lagoon twice during the summer, but with so little time left I'm not sure if that's going to happen.  The kids had fun, Conner was tall enough for 'Wicked' and he was SO excited.  He came running to me when he got off saying, "Mom, that was awesome!"  It wasn't too crowded, not too hot.  The park did close 1 hour early because of lightning, but we were done by then anyway!


Emma rode the log flume with the Bergmans

 Log Flume with Dad

 The kids went solo (with a couple of nice strangers!) on Rattlesnake Rapids - we adults weren't in the mood to get wet.  Especially THAT wet! They got soaked!  I realized doing the girls hair was a waste of time.


I liked this picture because you can see both of the guys working.  Seth in the distance on the left on his phone and Jared on his.  What fun!  Not.
Mallory, Emma & Rylee
 While Jared took the "big kids" on bigger rides, I took Mal to the kiddie area.  Soph was asleep, and with Conner now graduated to the larger stuff he did not want to join us.  So I felt very anxious sending Mallory into the lines to wait all by herself, with no one to help her with her seatbelt, etc.  But she didn't care at all! I think someone's ready for kindergarten.

Last ride of the night, I was lucky to get this shot as Conner & Mallory went past me. Made me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Matt and I really want to go to Lagoon! We wanted to go before summer was over, but I doubt that'll happen. School starts the 22nd. However, I've always wanted to see Frightmares... can we make it a date??? :D

    ReplyDelete