Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mallory starts Kindergarten

Mallory started kindergarten yesterday!  If you had asked me a couple years ago I would have told you that Mallory would have a hard time.  I used to have to hurry & drop her off at preschool & not linger because she would cling to my leg.  But by her second year of preschool she all the sudden grew up.  And I am glad that she was so excited, it made it even more fun watching her.  She is in afternoon kindergarten & the wait just about killed her the last two days. 
 
Just waiting for Dad to get home & walk with us.  I love Sophie's smile here! Like she knows exactly what's going on and is so excited for her big sister.
The teachers came out & the kids lined up.  The girl behind Mal is Ella Smart - Mallory's 3rd cousin - who went to preschool with her and lives in the neighborhood. They get to be in the same class!
I thought this was so cute.  I wish it was a better shot.  Mal held Ella's hand while they were
in line and into the school.  When she saw this picture she said, "I held Ella's hand cuz
her's was scared to go inside."  I love the way my 5 year old talks.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute handholding and quote! Gotta love those little ones!

    ReplyDelete